Friday, April 23, 2010

So Excited to Announce our Bulgarian Adoption Program!

I am so thrilled to announce the start of our Bulgarian adoption program!  I just returned from Bulgaria and I am so excited about the possibilities that I see for families!  I found Bulgaria to be a beautiful country and the Bulgarian people were so friendly and tried to use English when they could. I found our staff there to be very professional, friendly, experienced, connected and knowledgeable!

Michele Jackson, the executive director of MLJ Adoptions, Inc. and I were able to visit 3 orphanages during our visit.  The orphanages were well staffed and the children well cared for!  We saw some incredibly beautiful kids - all anxious for families!  There was a baby as young as 10 days old at one orphanage and we met a fun group of 3-6yo children! 

The changes in the family code will have a great impact in the future of adoption from Bulgaria.  In September, they are expecting things to really take off!  An influx of new referrals will make Bulgaria a great option for many families!  They are open to single men and women as well as married couples.  There is a restriction is that a parent has to be 15 years older than the child they are adopting but otherwise it is a fairly flexible program.

I can not wait to be a part of this wonderful program and witness the plan that God has for these beautiful children!  Soon we will be leaving for Haiti - and explore the possibilities there!  God is giving me children all over the world now!  How awesome it is to be a part of His plan for the orphans of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment