Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quote On Hosting A Ukrainian Orphan - author unknown

Hello, Dan here. Well, as you can probably imagine the Hosting is filled with giggles, games, tears and tantrums, but overall it is a wonderful experience for the kids (and the adults). Angie and I took the girls to Build-a-Bear this past week.

One of the “stations” was putting a heart in the bear (or rabbit, or dog). The girls were told to squeeze the heart, kiss it, make a wish and place it in the bear. While we were driving home Karina asked me if wishes really do come true (I said only at Disney World, just kiddin’). I said, “Well, you have to ask God.” Karina said, “OK. Do you know what I wished? Can I tell you?”. “Sure.”, I said. “I wished I would always be happy.”, she said. Smack! That hit me. I thought for sure it would be a pony or a Barbie!

This years camp has given me a glimpse into what a child can be when they desperately want a family, and how they can blossom once they are in family. It is amazing what happens to a child who is filled with hope, surrounded with love (not just hugz and kissez, but with take-a-shower!, do-your-homework!, and no-cartoons!), and motivated with encouragement.

I am told that God wants to bless us more than we can imagine, well, I could have never imagined this! He continues to teach me and reveal to me His plan for my life, one that is both challenging and rewarding, one that builds character through patience and humility, perseverance and self-control. I think Karina expressed it best when I heard her say to her newly stuffed bunny rabbit, named Star from the backseat of the car , “It’s OK now. You have a family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment