Monday, May 25, 2009

Reflecting on Yesterday - with excerpt from guest blogger


Yesterday morning, another one of "my" Ukrainian children was baptized! "My" kids is what I consider all the Ukrainian kids that have come home over the past 3 years and I have had the privilege in helping. I know all of their names and their parents names! Some of them I have been blessed to see on a regular basis. I love these children so much!


When Ashley was baptized yesterday, it was so emotional for me! Not only seeing her get baptized but all the kids who have come home from Ukraine gathering around her - I cried as much for Ashley's baptism as I did when my own two Ukrainian's got baptized a few weeks ago (my girls Katelyn and Lauren after baptism in photo)!
I think that Lynn Crooks sums it up best from his post on when Annie got baptized earlier this year. It is my heart that I will have all of "my" kids in Heaven with me! I love how Lynn described it!


First Fruit of my Orphan Ministry by Lynn Crooks
Tonight is a momentous night for me. Tonight is the first real adoption of my orphan ministry. This is what orphan ministry is all about. I am totally thrilled when a couple decides to give the gift of adoption to a child. To see a child smile from the hug of love from their new parents warms me through. To see the sparkle in the eyes of a new forever mom is precious. Yes, to see the love exchanged in a new family is worth a million dollars.But to paraphrase, what does it benefit an orphan to gain the whole world but loose their soul? Or what will an orphan give in exchange for their soul?Three years ago I introduced P & S to a Ukraine orphan hosting program. Annie came and spent the summer with P & S. From that visit a new family was born. A few months later Annie returned to America to her forever family. Each time I see Annie she gives me a hug. This child, who once had nothing, has love and the blessing of a family. Annie continues to blossom. She has also grown in the knowledge and love of our Lord Jesus Christ.So tonight Annie confessed Christ and was baptised into Him. Annie was adopted into God's eternal family. This is the adoption that really counts.When I started Families for the Children I was convicted that every child deserves to be a member of 3 families:
A FOREVER FAMILY here on earth who will love them unconditionally.
A CHURCH FAMILY who will pray for and nurture them.
GOD'S FAMILY to the glory of Jesus Christ.
Tonight, Annie has all three families. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment