Friday, July 17, 2009

Beautiful Children's book that made me cry...

I was reading "SHAOEY AND DOT" by Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman one day (during the time I was waiting to adopt my two Ukrainian daughters) and the words in the book shook me to my core. I was so devastated I had to stop reading the book and get myself together before finishing it. Those are the words that drive me to want every child to have a mother (and father).

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the book - it is a story created about the Chapman's first adopted daughter from China (Shaohannah or Shaoey for short) and is told by a ladybug (Dot). Below are the words that brought my tears:

On their way to the place where the family was waiting Dot thought she should try to explain. "Well this is the day," she said to her friend. "Everything's getting ready to change.

"See, I've waited till now to tell you this story. It's about all the reasons you cry. Sometimes it's because you feel sick, tired, or hungry, And sometimes you just want your pants dry."


"But, then, there's a cry that's the saddest of all. In fact, it's unlike any other. It comes from a deep, empty place in your heart that can only be filled by a mother."

These words reached deep inside me - I love my children so much, I can't begin to imagine how it must feel to a child to not have a mother's (or father's) love. It is that love I have for my children that drives me so much to want that for other children.

When I came to understand that God loved me as a father - that was so impacting to me. I was a parent and could relate to how much I loved my children and realized - WOW - God loves me like that and more....

I want children all over the world to have that love, and security from an earthly family - but even more to have that same love and security for eternity. I pray that God continues to raise up Christian's to care for the orphan - to get the message out for the sake of the children. Not only do these children have a deep empty place in their heart that can only be filled by a mother - but they have a bigger empty place in their heart that only a (Heavenly) FATHER can fill....

No comments:

Post a Comment