Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Did you hear the loud scream?

It was about 5:55pm today and it was a loud scream of joy! I got mine and Julie's dossier shipped off complete except for USCIS!

It was an all day chase to get homestudy and docs from our homestudy agency.

From there had to go to USCIS and got lost had to call Tom Uhrig (thanks Tom!) to get me there to drop off our I600-A.

Then on to State Police to pick up limited criminal history reports that I caught before they mailed them and then over to Secretary of State to get it all apostilled. Met some nice families adopting from Africa!

After that went to pick up Julie's marriage certs from Plainfield then home to seperate it and check it (glad I did as there were a couple of documents the Secretary of State had stuck together!) Prayed over it with my family and then to UPS - whew!!!!!

Tiring but it should be winging it to Ukraine by tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There on Thursday - hopefully not stuck in customs!

Pray for safe travel and then for USCIS to quickly process our I600-A's!!!!!!! Now all I can do is wait - and pray! I am ready to bring our boy home!!!! And I know alot of other families anxious to bring home their children too! Tonight I pray for all the children who are waiting and all the families preparing to go!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! :) Have you gotten to talk to him and tell him the good news, or will you wait?

    I didn't mention, but my brother-in-law and their wife are pursuing adopting an infant domestically. They have a potential mom (17 year old girl) and are working through Bethany. If it works out with this girl, they'd have a newborn by November. I'd appreciate your prayers for them.

    We're planning to come to the picnic in September. We continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete