Saturday, October 17, 2009

Little Ray of Sunshine on a Crazy Day!


Thursday was a crazy day!  Started off hearing that a family that is wanting to adopt a girl turning 16 had their dossier submitted but they wouldn't give them a travel date because the local USCIS had not sent the approval to the embassy.  So to start off the day I met them at the USCIS office and tried to find out what needed to happen - unfortunately they had no clue....so I made plans to wake up at 2am to call the embassy in Ukraine to find out what we needed to do.

Later that day, I got emails from Ukraine telling me that families dossiers had alot of mistakes by the Secretary of State's office....I love that Jenya said, "The Secretary of State must be tired because he is making alot of mistakes."  Had to make plans to get all the documents re-apostilled on Friday - fortunately I had the families do extra copies and was able to pull all but one document together.

But the little ray of sunshine in the day was receiving a letter from Ukraine from "V"!!!  Unfortunately it was in Ukrainian cursive - no way I could read it!  Luckily Val and Jenya came to my rescue and translated!!!  It warmed my heart to read what he had written:
Hello, this is the letter from V. I love you and DO wait you to come in November. I miss you so much. Thank you for your present. And thank you for everything. I love you all - whole family and really want to join you soon. As you said I prayed to come to you! I miss all family so much, and I miss Takers (Tucker) and Riley .

Kisses. See you soon!
V

Not much longer sweet boy and we will be there!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment