Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Waiting Game....and how much God cares!

I just had a friend text me and ask if there was any news on our adoption and I sent her a text saying, "Wait, wait, and wait some more..."  Literally within a minute of me sending it I got a new post on Facebook that said, "Caught up in the wait today?  We're praying for you.".  Amazing how God reaches out to us and shows us how much he cares - even on the little things!!! 

Here is the message from Show Hope that was linked to the Facebook post:

Faithfully, I Will Wait
Posted on October 13, 2009 by mckensey . http://ow.ly/ueC2


As I drove the back roads to work this morning I had the radio playing like usual. A song came on that I’ve heard quite a few times lately but today it stuck a different cord within me.

I’m waiting. I’m waiting on you Lord.
And I am hopeful. I’m waiting on your Lord
Though it is painful. But patiently I will wait.
Typically I sing along with an inward focus thinking about things in my life I’m waiting for. That special someone, for God to answer something I’ve been praying about…but today my heart went out to all the families that are waiting for their child to come home. I thought of the two hundred plus names that sit on my computer waiting for us to get notice that it’s time to travel so we can send them their grant award. With China and other countries slowing so dramatically over the past years, we hear story after story of families who have made the decision to adopt, started the process, are ready to make this happen but for now they are simply stuck waiting.

I will move ahead bold and confident.
Taking every step in obedience.
While I’m waiting. I will serve you.
While I’m waiting. I will worship.
While I’m waiting. I will not faint.
I’ll be running the race. Even while I wait.

I think for all of us it’s easy to get caught up in the wait. Wondering when it will happen, wondering why it’s taking so long. But the next line calls us to live while we’re waiting. Keep running, keep serving, keep on living and try not to focus on the wait. Easier said than done that’s for sure.

I’m waiting. I’m waiting on You, Lord.
And I am peaceful. I’m waiting on You, Lord.
Though it’s not easy. But faithfully, I will wait.
Yes, I will wait.

To all of you out there who are caught up in the waiting know that I’m praying for you today. As I’m paying the bills, running reports, responding to e-mails, and going about my daily routine, you are on my heart and mind!

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

No comments:

Post a Comment