Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Adopting one child won't change the world; but for that child, the world will change."

I love this quote...I have been thinking about it on and off today.  I also happened to be flipping through channels and saw a clip of Bruce Wilkinson (one of my favorite authors) talking about his new book: YOU WERE BORN FOR THIS: Seven Keys to a Life of Predictable Miracles.  I mention both the quote and the book for a reason....families that are adopting are often told we are "amazing" for doing what we are doing.  It isn't that we are amazing or anything special but that we have come to understand that we can truly be the change we want to see in the world (another quote I love!). 

In the book (that I am going to go out tonight and buy to read on my trip) YOU WERE BORN FOR THIS, Bruce suggests that we are the vehicle that God uses to deliver miracles.  Isn't that a beautiful thought?  For example, our family is the miracle that our Ukrainian children needed....and God blessed us to be the deliverers of that miracle.  We could have said no - and we could have missed out on the blessings that God has brought in to our lives, through the children that we are privileged to care for, the friends we have met, and the job that I feel that I was purposed to do!

I pray that each and every person that takes the time to read this will be encouraged to seek God and take part of being God's plan for someone's miracle.

You can listen to Bruce Wilkinson talk about his book here: You Were Born For This...part 1.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lydia! I had read your Nov 18th entry before but read it again tonight as I was looking for any updates! : ) The words spoke to me again and you're right - it IS a privilege to be the deliverers of God's miracles. I wonder how many times each day I miss that opportunity on a smaller scale. Good stuff!
    Hope your time in Ukraine and with "V" is going wonderfully!
    Melissa Beaverson

    ReplyDelete