Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sad today....

I am facing today with some sadness - not because of our travel delays but because of regret.  If you have not read Katie's latest blog entry - I encourage you to do so - it is the November 8th entry.  (in fact - read it first and then read mine!)

This 21 year old girl has touched my life so profoundly.......and is making me face the regret in my life but also encourages me to have the determination to change.  Katie quotes Francis Chan from one of my favorite books (CRAZY LOVE), "How we live our days, is how we live our lives."  She points out that many of us have wasted days in waiting on something instead of living in the moment.  I am sad to say that I have wasted too many moments in my life - waiting...just like the past few days. 

While I have not gotten very upset over our delay - I have not taken advantage of it either.  Today I will take the time to enjoy the time I have with my daughters - before I have to make our new son a priority.  More snuggles, more secrets, more individual time with each of them before "V" comes home and needs our focus and attention.

This reminds me of another favorite book of mine by John Piper "A LIFE NOT WASTED".  I don't want to look back at my life and see alot of regret - I want to try to live my life in such a way that I can find a way each day to glorify God.  If I can learn to do that and teach my children to do the same I will be happy - or if we at least strive to live our lives that way I will be pretty happy. 

My favorite quote from the book is, "Only one life, twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last."  Can you imagine living our lives in which every decision we make is weighing whether it will be done in Christ's name and have lasting value?  How different would our lives be?  I know mine would be vastly different.

So - the point of my whole entry today is to encourage you to live each moment........or at least to do the best you can.  I hope that Katie's post encourages you to live.......

1 comment:

  1. Chris Rice sings a song, "Teach us to count the days, teach us to make the days count, Lead us in better ways that somehow our souls forgot. Life means so much."
    I have a long way to grow in this area. Thanks for the reminder and the challenge.

    ReplyDelete