Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today, and impressions....

Today we will be going to pick up the necessary paperwork to go to the region where the orphanage is and start the process to get a court date.  It has been difficult being so close to "V" and not seeing him, I am so anxious to see his beautiful face and to hear him call me, "Mama" again. 

When he visited this summer he called me "Mama" a million times a day, but when we got to the airport on the day he left he stopped calling me "Mama" and called me, Lydia.....it broke my heart that he had to seperate his feelings and to draw back.  I want him to know how much we love him and that he will soon have a "Mama" forever....and a huge family!

Yesterday we brought some souveniers, and you know you have been to the slope too often when the guys recognize you!  LOL!  Oh well, he gave me a good price (or so he told me).  We will go back today as Jeff has a list of items to buy. 

Unlike most adopters who do blogs, I have not written much about my impressions of the country.  After being here so often I just don't think of it as often. :)  It is so funny here though........you will go in a nice restaurant and find the hole in the ground toilets - how nice of a restaurant does it have to be to have a real one?  I have also decided that the people here also walk different than Americans do - they have a purpose to it and a fast stride, where Americans have more of a lazy walk or a saunter. 

You will also not find any respectable female in Ukraine NOT wearing her boots!  Short ones, spiked ones, knee high, thigh high, boots of all shapes, and colors!  Also - natural haircolor here is not appreciated by the wormen - almost every woman I see has her hair colored - old and young alike.  They always look so stylish and I always feel so dowdy here!

So - for now that is a snippet of what it is like in Ukraine.  Not much news to report yet, tomorrow we will hit the ground running, trying to complete the process in the least amount of time possible.  We should be able to be home by Christmas - or that is our goal! 

Please keep us all in your prayers!
Blessings,
Lydia

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I gotta know. Did Jeff take his Russian looking animal hat? Did his trip to "the hill" include a hat for V? Thinking of you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Kyiv, and the hill, and the SDA. But, my perspective may be tainted. I asked Kole. He said it lookes "damaged". Hit the nail on the head there, my boy.

    One restaurant we went to with American type toilets was O'Brien's - Opens at 8:00. 17a Mykhailivska 229-15-84. It cost us 299.00 r including tip. Another, surprisingly, was TGI Friday's - Bessarabian Square, Starokyivsky District, Telephone No : +380 (044) 2354264.

    In any case, of course, it was an awesome adventure - still is.

    Jefferson Hunt

    ReplyDelete