Saturday, November 28, 2009

Same day, different date...

We are at the phase of the journey that each day is the same as the previous and the one to come....I love seeing the children but the routine gets monotinous.  Julie and I only have another probable 17 days of it...

Today we did get to meet some other children, a couple of them that are coming to Indiana in late December.  Yulia is adorable, an older girl with 3 siblings - she is quiet but seems to be really sweet!  Denys Y also seems to be a really sweetie!  I have seen a couple of the others but not enough to make any impression.  I think we should have time tomorrow.  For now we sit in a room and play with the kids.  We have a backpack that has some games and I brought some old video games with me - as you would guess those are the biggest hit with the boys or girls! 

We also got to see some art the children made - very interesting and some quite beautiful!  We also got to see V's room and his bed.  He is so sweet!!!  He is just so happy to have a family...he sits by us and sometimes he will just smile and lay his head on us.  He is very snuggly with me and sometimes with Jeff but he really likes to tickle and be a boy with his daddy.  He has made it clear he is very ready to go home and has not a moment's hesitation about it.

We should know on Monday if things will continue to go well.  Please keep praying!  I enjoy being here with the kids buy miss the ones at home.  We have had fun emailing and skyping though!  They are so funny! 

We have become the regulars at the one restaurant in town - it is really good and for 4 of us to eat a big meal is only around $3-5 per person. The taxi we take back and forth from the orphanage to our apartment is pretty inexpensive also - it is around $5 round trip! 

I guess for now that is all...I look forward to hearing from you!  We have about 4 hours a day that are occupied and about 12 a day that are not!  The down time is a killer!  Julie and I think we may do some travelling during our 10 day wait - we aren't sure we can handle that much down time for that long of a period!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment