Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finally!!!

Today we finally made it to our destination!  Headed to the children's inspector first and picked up the inspector and found our way to the orphanage, after a little while they brought the kids in!  They had asked us if we needed to go to the bathroom first, but I said no because I didn't want to miss seeing "V"'s face as soon as possible!  Jeff chose to go and mised being the first one to see him. 
"V" had a shy smile on his face and I got a bit of an awkward shy hug first, then after he sat down beside me he looked at me and said, "Mama" and I replied, "Vsegda" which means forever in Russian.  He smiled and I hugged him tight.  He was very excited to turn and see Jeff - he went and gave him a hug too, a little more comfortable now.  He sat so sweetly beside me for a while and then he had to write a letter to say that he wanted to be adopted by us, which he did with no hesitation!

I was happy that he remembered everyone's names - he only stumbled a bit over Payton's but only once.  We had to make a quick exit because we had to go to the notary to get our paperwork started.  We went to the only notary in our city and he was very busy - said he couldn't see us until next week.  Well that doesn't fit in to our plan of hoping to have court next week so we ended up having to go to a notary about 30km away.  

Funny thing is that she noticed I had notarized Julie's paperwork and she warmed up to me and began asking about what was required to be a notary in the US - I replied $30 and an application.  Here it is quite different and she enjoyed telling me.  I must have made a good impression because she gave me a really nicely bound book about notaries in Ukraine with her picture bookmarked. 

We then headed back on a near empty tank (had visions of having to walk back!).  Since we had to get up around 3am this morning and head out we decided to go back to our apartment and get to bed early.  Tomorrow we will get a bit more paperwork done and head to the orphanage.  It will be the big day to discuss names!  Praying he likes his new name.

I hope to write more tomorrow.  I am so exhausted I don't have much to share today......

1 comment:

  1. Hurray!!! You had a good day :) Also now I will follow your blog as well as call you :)

    ReplyDelete