Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The end is in sight!

One week from today I will be heading to Kyiv with Griffan and finishing up the US Embassy paperwork!  I will be home on Saturday, the 19th!  We have a really long connection in Frankfort and a short one in Philadelphia.  Please pray we make our connecting flight!  I have this dream of being stuck and not making it home due to holiday traffic!!!!

Julie had court yesterday and all went well.  The judge is giving her the paperwork a day early which should allow Julie to make it home for Christmas!  Praise God!  Luba has also been very shy and quiet and after court she was like a different child!  I think the poor thing has been worried about getting her hopes up too much...and felt the relief.  Her personality change had Julie worried and when Luba opened up it went a long way to reassure Julie!

I miss my family so much - I can't wait to see them!  I love the emails the girls send!  I am so glad we have internet here!  Reading their emails goes a long way in helping me get through this time! 

Griffan is also so excited about going home......vsegda (forever!).  He is so cute when he practices saying his name: Grrrrrrriffan Na-tan-ee-yell Tarrrrrrrrr (they roll their r's here and can't say the th sound!).  :)  He is such a loving little boy - likes to hold my hand, get hugged and kissed - no wiping them off yet and saying, "Mom!" like most boys his age!  He can be a pouter but quickly gets over things.  I sense a lot of frustration coming when he gets home - he doesn't like to do things he doesn't do well!  AND like most boys - doesn't like school!

We continue to endure under less than ideal circumstances - limited availability of water and lately no hot water!  But we will survive and be more grateful for where we live!  Looking very forward to that LONG HOT shower! :)

3 comments:

  1. The end is in sight! Yeah! The weather here is yucky, so rest assured that you are missing nothing on that front. Will be praying for smooth flights home and an easy wrap-up in Kyiv.
    Love and Blessings,
    Susan and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so wish you were here....
    It seems like forever...
    Very cold and windy here today...
    Still have Christmas shopping to do...
    Now for another child also and his sister and brother...
    But hey all is well here...
    Got through dog classes.
    Bella won 2nd Kira 3rd..
    Wow i have a lot to talk about huh !!!!!
    Oh well kiss Griffan .
    Can't wait till we have another pool party...
    I think we may need another pool with all these kids...
    You have done a wonderful thing Lydia.. All these kids will thank you one day...What an awewsome experience....
    Proud to know you and call you sister. ( Ashley thought we were)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! how fun!! I got your Christmas card (to send to you) today. So exciting. I wish I could read them. :( Whatever. Your description sounds a lot like Kole. In Ukraine, he didn't like playing with the other children. I didn't understand it then, but now I think he didn't want to share us. Who knows. Kole doesn't like school either, but he is doing awesome. I really want to go to the Russian Christmas in Indy. I hope I can make it. Jefferson

    ReplyDelete