Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ukrainian American Hoosier!


We have a very happy and loving little boy!  We have had nothing but smiles and hugs since we got home (I know the honeymoon will end!).  It is so wonderful to be a part of making a child so happy.  For Griffan, there was no hesitation, no looking back - only forward.  What a wonderful Christmas gift to us and to him!

I pray that for every child that is waiting, God is touching the heart of a family - I also pray that the family will be brave enough to weather the difficulties of the adoption journey.  We are fighting for the very lives of these children - it isn't an easy task.  But for those who are courageous enough - it is a journey that can be filled with hidden blessings.

My prayers go up for all those families who are struggling in their process and need strength and courage that only God can provide.  I pray for the children that so desperately want a family and those that don't because they don't understand what a family is.

For today, I will concentrate on all the smiles, hugs, and "I love you Mama"'s that Griffan can give and tonight I will watch A HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS and be thankful that our son is home.

1 comment:

  1. He looks wonderful and we are so happy for you! I appreciate your words about weathering the difficulties - we have to go back for court in Jan. Keeping the goal in sight is the only way to make it through sometimes. Many blessings for a happy home and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete