Friday, December 11, 2009

Life is good.......

Today when I got up, I had the opportunity to watch the sunshine (that has been absent since our first day in Ukraine) cut through the clouds and beam in my window.  I sat there drinking my coffee and praying - a great morning!

Later, we got to the orphanage and asked if we could take the kids for the afternooon (12-6pm) and were given permission~!  It was fun sitting with the kids, trying to play a game that teaches them English, and feeding them!  I made Griffan take off his pants and mended them in 3 places (2 of them in an unmentionable spot!) and Lena mended his jacket. 

After getting home, we discovered we had HOT water!  Enough for all 3 of us to have a shower and wash our hair (no more furry legs!).  I posted on Facebook that Christmas must have come early!  I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be on this journey - and I pray that many others will follow me here - there are so many precious kids here.

Every day the kids greet us and are anxious for recognition and a hug.  Their smiles are so beautiful!  When we are visiting our kids in the assistant director's office, many children open up the door for a quick look and hello.  Griffan's friend asked if I could help him come to America someday too - he wanted a family.....I wish I could touch enough hearts to empty all the orphanages around the world....but it is not within my grasp, only God's.  I am just happy to be a small part of His plan.

So for now, powerless to solve the orphan crisis, I will concentrate on the happiness of one little boy, and sharing as many smiles, hugs, and hello's as I can during the rest of the time I am here and count my blessings.  Life is good, God is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment