Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A little relief to the monotony!

Today we are just waiting and trying to find something to fill our time until we head to the orphanage!  We will get to visit with the children for about 3 hours and then we will head to the one and only restaurant in town (which is very good!) and have our main meal of the day (we actually have been able to have toast here in the morning).  Then we walk home and try to find something to occupy us until we can go to bed. 

However  tomorrow will be special as we are heading to a neighboring town to visit an orphanage director I know!  There is actually a McDonalds there and we are very much looking forward to it!!!!!!  Then for even more excitement - we are having a party for the orphanage on Thursday and having court on Friday!  Jeff will be heading home Saturday - while Julie and I wait for our 10 days and do the medical/vsa thing!  We are hoping and praying for everything to work ou for us to be home on 12/19!!!!!!!!

All is going well here and our team is AWESOME!!!  I couldn't ask for any better! 

Hope to update you on Friday with our official news! :)  Please keep praying!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...how fun. I remember those days...fondly. We were on the beach though, you know, and in April. So, I took daily walks along the beach and through the town, which - in retrospect, was scary - or should have been.

    At the time, I was not very happy about taking frequent hour-long-trips to the next biggest town about the size of Indy, but they did fill the time and there was lots to do and we got to spend time with other adults and lots of time alone with Kole.

    Oh! And, Kole has been telling me about his brother whom no one seems to have met or knows anything about. Kole told me his name and where he was living, last he knew. I'd love to track him down, but I'll bet that would be expensive and I'm spending all my hard earned money on Master's classes.

    Any way, it is time to get Kole from the bus stop. He is doing so well. I hope you don't get too bored.

    I'll send a Christmas card - to your home.

    Jefferson Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you every day. This is a wonderful moment in the process of bringing your son home. I miss those days in Ukraine of having time to myself while waiting to see my children; once in a lifetime experience, or in your case, third time:)
    Love and blessings,
    Susan and family

    ReplyDelete